Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy birthday, Country!

Hope everyone is having a lovely 4th. France celebrates its independence in 10 days, so I'll have to wait until then to see fireworks. Voila a few pictures from last week when I couldn't post them:


The famous Frederic. This was when we met up for lunch when I arrived.

View of the Seine at sunset.

Jardins des Tuileries last Saturday afternoon. The Louvre is in the background.


In the winter, the city installs a giant ice-skating rink near this area. Apparently in the summer, they bring the fair. But GET READY, because come mid-July, they install... a beach! (Photos to come as soon as it goes up, I assure you. I'm way excited.)



This guy looks like he's pretty freaked out by his bad B.O., but the pigeon doesn't seem to mind.

The hedges by the Louvre have SECRET PASSAGES IN THEM! I wanted SO BADLY to crawl through them, but I felt that might not be becoming of a 21-year-old. Plus I was wearing white pants.



The picture doesn't show it, but there were THOUSANDS of rollerbladers. Once a week they all come together and skate through the streets, preceeded and flanked by police.


I found this teeny grocery store when I was out walking one day... look how cramped it is!

2 comments:

  1. i LOVE the rollerblading! hilarious:) i want to see swarms of bladers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Hayes Brown:

    It is my understanding that the statue man gnawing off his arm (as in "coyote ugly"). I've heard of this happening, but never imagined that the act would be captured in stone.

    ReplyDelete